Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Accomplished

I feel like I got things done this weekend. I love getting things done. To start things off I mowed the lawns! I know what you're thinking but for me I always feel kinda proud of this. You see when I was just a wee lad... er lass, my dad told me I wasn't allowed to help mow the lawns because I was a girl... grrr.

Now I'm not really one for shows of girl power, or burning bras (that one time was an accident I didn't realise the candles were so close...) but that really got me going when he said that. Cause now I know it was nothing to do with my lack of penis and more to do with eight year olds, fast rotating blades and parental concern.

So I did the front and back yards and was able to sit back drink my coffee and smile stupidly at my family who wondered what the hell had gotten into me as I was doing manual labor, on my day off and everything!!!

But after that Mum and I took a trip to the local spotlight for some yarn stock up. While there I found the coolest fabric that I had to have! I'm not usually one for sewing. I've made a crappy tie dyed shirt and a skirt which was really made by my gran but I cut the fabric :) any who, brought the stuff home and I made these fabulous curtains:


and up close










How cool is that?







Then cause I was board, I spent a couple of hours, watching dvd's on my computer and spinning the merino roving I bought a couple of weeks ago:











And I got a visit from my best-est friend and her chicklet, who apparently doesn't like sharing her cookies





But I always love a weekend where I feel like I've done stuff...

1 comment:

Alrischa said...

hehehe... what a face. I wouldn't have dared take a bikkie away from that.

I haven't tried to make a sock yet... they look too hard. Maybe I'll try some fat-wool slipper-type ones, so if I fail hopelessly, at least it won't take long. lol.